The attractive Wing Lee Street provides a glimpse into Hongkong as it existed many years ago. This fascinating enclave contains many tenement buildings which once housed a harmonious and closely knit community.
The cosmopolitan city of Hongkong offers many interesting experiences for the visitor. In addition to modern malls and varied shopping opportunities the city also offers interesting places to visit, such as historically and culturally significant districts.
One of these captivating areas is the well-known Wing Lee Street. This lane is not an imposing site and it is not a modern showpiece. In contrast it presents an intriguing glimpse of the city as it existed many decades ago before the advent of modernity. The tenement style buildings known as tong Laus which are found here are unlike others found anywhere in the city as they are constructed in sets of clusters on a common terrace. This style of construction is not to be seen in other parts of Hongkong.
In recent years Wing Lee Street has come into the international limelight as it was featured in the well-known motion picture ‘Echoes of the Rainbow’. This memorable film which starred Simon Yam gave Hongkong its first prestigious Crystal Bear prize at Berlin’s well recognized international movie festival. In fact the creators of this film have called for the preservation of this unique urban environment.
Additionally this fascinating film has made many of its viewers actually visit the street, captivated by its historical and cultural legacy. The quaint residential buildings evoke images of an era when its residents were a closely knit interlinked community which lived in harmony and shared each others’ joys and sorrows.
Interestingly many of the local businesses were printing shops as many printers moved their businesses to this part of the city. Even today you will find a few such businesses still in operation. Some of the local buildings have been renovated but have not been transformed into shops or restaurants. You will also find an interesting information centre which displays photographs of the original buildings as they once existed. With so much to see and admire a visit to Wing Lee Street will always be enthralling.
If you are visiting the city and are interested in a 4 star hotel Hongkong an outstanding choice would be the Cosmo Hotel. This Hongkong boutique hotel offers attractive interiors and gracious hospitality.
It may be more prudent for you to buy a used Ford rather than one from a showroom, but to strike the appropriate deal; you need to be knowledgeable and market-savvy.
If you’re in the market for a used Ford in Houston, you firmly know that it’s primarily because you get a right deal on it. For you to get this perfect deal, you need to follow a few approaches, which are:
- â€¢ Find out the true value of a used Ford vehicle from the dealer — If, for instance, you want to buy a certified pre-owned Ford in Houston Texas, obviously you would have to speak to a few ford dealers Houston. They will calculate the depreciation value of the Ford vehicle and total up its final worth for you.
- â€¢ Tell the Ford dealer you mean to buy the Ford today — To put pressure on Ford dealer to sell you a good vehicle on the lot, you need to time your visit to ford dealership in Houston TX well. For instance, go mid-week to Ford dealer and let him know you mean to have a car that very day. It will make him realize that you mean business and aren’t just a casual browser in the shop. Therefore, he will give you extra attention and sell you his best car at his perfect price. Mid-week, Vehicle agencies have fewer footfalls, so any agent of used Ford Houston he will be only too willing to close an ideal deal with you as soon as he can.
- â€¢ Can you afford this price? Sure, you may admire the Ford vehicles for their style, classy looks and superb performance, but can you put down as much as is wanted for it? If you want to buy it at a price lower than what’s quoted, you need to have good reasons for it. Look for a reasonable on-the-road or out-the-door deal and negotiate it with the dealer.
- â€¢ Ask about the previous owner of Vehicle — Find out if the car has had just one owner or a string of them. If the latter is true, you can use this as a bargaining point to lower the price. The car’s carfax or history report will provide you with these details.
- â€¢ Look carefully for the Ford’s pros and cons — Look at the Ford’s merits and demerits with equal care. For instance, look for cracks, scratches and worn out tires as much as you would at its plush interiors so that you can negotiate a good deal by bringing down the price.
- â€¢ Estimate the value of Used Ford — When you negotiate the price of a Ford vehicle, keep in mind the maximum on-the-road price you can comfortably pay. Since you’ve already inspected the car, you know its exact value. You also know all the problem areas that are going to cost you money, so make a rough mental estimate of all your additional expenses and minus this from your out-the-door price or your on-the-road price. Also minus an extra 10% and make the resulting amount your first offer.